Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Peace, Love and Gerty


Ahhhh.. where to begin. The past week or so has been a busy one.

Last Wednesday Gerty came to stay with us. Gerty is Harwell's girlfriend. Except Gerty doesn't really want to be Harwell's girlfriend and tries to get away from Harwell. But Harwell can't come to terms with Gerty's rejection. Because he LOOOOOOOVES her. And he's persistent. He's the doggy form of a crazy stalker. But after a day or two of solid harassment, Gerty gave in and started to almost like him.

Gerty
L.O.V.E

Gerty went home today and Harwell was devastated. Like the last time she came to visit, Harwell sat at the window watching for her to come back, and paced back and forth between the window and the front door. Poor guy. Even Slugger felt bad and joined in on Gerty Watch '09.

Gerty Watch '09
(see the car in the window? that was The Car that took Harwell's beloved)

Now, in baby news...

I love Grayden's blank stare =)

Today Grayden is 4 months old. I'll not bore you with my long and drawn out reflections of where the last 4 months have gone... but sweet mother of all that is holy where did the last 4 months go?!?!? I feel very fortunate that Gary and I have found a way to make it possible for me to stay at home with Grayden. I'm thankful everyday (ok, most days) that I am able to see all of the new things he learns and I'm the one that gets to teach him most of it. It has been a struggle sometimes to learn a new way of living, but it has also been easier in some ways. The biggest change is probably that we eat at home more. I'm learning new recipes, trying new things, and discovering that I actually like to cook. (I'm thinking about starting a cooking blog. I've found some great recipes out there, and invented some of my own that I would like to share) So.... wait... what was I talking about??? =)

Oh. Grayden. Yes. 4 months old.... we went to the pediatrician today for his 4 month check-up. He's doing great! His stats are:

Height: 26 7/8 inches (97%ile)
Weight: 16 lbs (75%ile)
Head circumfrence: 17 1/8 inches (75%ile)

Our pediatrician is very pleased with his growth and his development. He's rolling over, talking to us, reaching for toys... all the good stuff. He is concerned because G's head is not symmetrical. We were referred to a neurosurgeon, which sounds scarier than it really is. That's what I tell myself anyway. The facial asymmetry (non-official diagnosis) is not affecting his growth or development.. he's just... a little off kilter. Most people would never notice, but it's there. So I'm in the process of trying to get an appointment with the neurosurgeon (a way more difficult than it has to be process, but that's another blog filled with verbage that would make a trucker blush) and we'll go from there. But as far as a 4 month old is concerned in general, G is doing great.

And for those of you wondering... yes. Yes. We are still in teething hell. It's awesome. Thankfully (and knocking on wood, rubbing a lucky rabbit's foot, tossing the salt over the shoulder, whispering so the Gods of Teething don't hear.. all that) it hasn't affected his sleeping at night. We're still sleeping about 11 hours at night and a few good naps through the day. It's just the waking hours that give Gary and I gray hair and a twitch.

I guess that's about it. You're up to speed. We're all good, bracing for hurricane season and the throes of summer.

We are leaving for our Michigan vacation in 9 days! We're driving up, so wish us luck and hopefully we'll be able to see lots of you when we're in town!!

PS.... I put up a poll. Take it and let me know if I should start a cooking blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment