Naming babies is HARD. For real. When I was pregnant with Grayden I think we had our boy name picked out before the end of the 1st trimester. We didn't really discuss girls names much. I was for sure he was going to be a boy, and I was right. We wanted something different (this was apparently at the beginning of the -den name explosion) and Gary didn't want a junior, but we wanted him to have the same initials. So Grayden John Harold it was.
With this baby I was for sure we were having a girl. I had a girl name picked out (did you know that Gary?? lol) and was completely surprised at our ultrasound when she said we were DEFINITELY having another boy. A second boy name was even harder than the first one. We didn't have really any thoughts or requirements, with the exception that we didn't want him to be one of 5 in his class. Well, we hope he won't be anyway.
The New Guy is going to be Bennett Charles. Bennett comes from a baby name website and means blessed. Charles happens to be the first name of my grandpa, dad and brother as well as the middle name of my other grandpa. I'm proud that we were able to honor both sides of my family with his name =)
For Valentine's Day (which we usually don't celebrate) Gary surprised me with a new charm for my Pandora bracelet. He gave me a charm with the letter G on it for my birthday, and yesterday I got a matching charm with a B on it. How sweet!! =)
I love the name!!!! And I'll take partial credit for Charles. LOL Can't wait to see little Bennett Charles!
ReplyDelete