Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Numbers



We're a family of numbers. Some of us (not me) like math and counting and .... uh.. anything related to numbers really. Personally, I'm a fan of calculators. Or husbands that can do math, which ever. =) There are some numbers that I pay attention to though....

4 ~ The number of humans that live in my house
2 ~ The number of four legged children I have

800 ~ The number of times I say no in a day
799 ~ The number of times that "no" is directed at Grayden

7 ~ The number of hours of sleep I usually get per night
30 ~ The number of hours of sleep I wish I could get per night

32 ~ The number of ounces of milk Grayden usually drinks in a day
30 ~ The number of ounces I think he likes to let dribble down his face

23 ~ The number of months that Gary and I have lived in Texas
0 ~ The number of months I thought I would ever live in Texas

2 ~ The number of months until Grayden's first birthday
14 ~ The number of months it's going to take me to come to grips with the fact that Grayden is one

The intent of my blog was never to bore everyone with my nonsense rambling, but more to keep our friends and family updated with what, and how, we're doing all the way down here. I also intended this to be an electronic journal for me, so I could look back and remember some of the things I'm bound to forget as my teensy little baby morphs into a big boy. I may or may not have strayed off topic a few many times.

Every time we go to the pediatrician for a well baby visit the nurse measures and weighs Grayden. She always gives me a sheet of paper, with his stats and percentiles. I planned to blog about those on each visit, and include a little blurb about his clothing size, other milestones, what he was eating etc. So. Yeah. That didn't happen. This is going to be my attempt to catch up on that.

1~19~09 (hospital measurements)
Age: Birth
Weight: 7 lbs 14 oz
Length: 20 1/2 inches
Clothing size: Newborn (never would have guessed that)
Eating: Just milk

1~22~09 (pediatrician)
Age: Two days
Weight: 7 lbs 14 oz
Length: 21 inches
Clothing size: Newborn
Eating: Just milk still

2~2~09
Age: Two weeks
Weight: 8 lbs 7 oz
Length: 21 3/8 inches
Clothing size: Newborn
Eating: Milk. BORING

4~3~09
Age: 6 weeks
Weight: 13 lbs 15 oz
Length: 25 1/2 inches
Clothing size: 0-3 and 3-6 months
Eating: Will this boy ever eat anything but milk?

5~19~09
Age: 4 months
Weight: 16 lbs (75%ile)
Length: 26 7/8 inches (97%ile)
Clothing size: 3-6 months
Eating: Still with the milk. Started a bit of rice cereal and around June he had sweet potatoes for the first time

7~21~09
Age: 6 months
Weight: 19 lbs (75%ile)
Length: 29 inches (97%ile)
Clothing size: 6-9 and 12 months, mostly 12 months
Eating: Milk, and now we're starting to get into the good stuff. He liked sweet potatoes, mixed veggies and fruits. Decided around 7 months that he was a big boy and didn't like purees anymore. We moved on to steamed veggies in small pieces and fresh fruit.

11~3~09
Age: 9 months
Weight: 22 lbs (75%ile)
Length: 30 3/8 inches (97%ile)
Clothing size: 12 months, some 18 months
Eating: Baby? Who's a baby? He's been eating what we eat for dinner for a while now. Some of his favorite things are chicken, steak, rice pilaf, steamed broccoli and mashed potatoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment