Ok, let me clarify that last statement. I don't think that documenting my son's first year via professional photographs is a mistake in and of itself. The task is a bit of an ordeal. I don't spend a lot of money each month, in fact my goal is to get decent pictures for as little money as possible. I scour ads, websites and coupon inserts looking for deals. It's become sort of like a game. So far I believe my most expensive month was his first one. Last month was $10. =)
However, as a result of my "quest", I have an extreme number of extra pictures of our little man. So if you're in the market for a picture of adorableness to fill a frame, let me know.
This month we went to Portrait Innovations at the suggestion of my friend Elyse. I was very pleased with the quality and the experience overall. I really like leaving the store with my prints and not having to go back 2 weeks later, like some other photo studios that shall remain nameless. coughSEARScough The only problem that I had with them is that they took pictures of the wrong kid. They also gave me the prints of the wrong kid.... see.....
I call this one Senior Class President, Class of 2027(and for those of you wondering, yes, that is the real year he will graduate. I know. I feel old too.)
My baby is... a baby. Who still needs his Mommy. And who likes to cuddle. And smiles when his Daddy comes home from work. And likes to lay on the floor next to his doggies and pull fistfulls of hair out. My baby is still trying to figure out what kinds of pureed vegetables he likes and is just a teensy bit learning how to feed himself Gerber Puffs and DOES NOT LOOK LIKE THE GROWN UP BOY IN THOSE PICTURES.
Wait...wha...oh. That IS my baby you say? Hmmm.
Fine.
He's growing up. Whatever. I don't like it. I don't like it one bit.
*note... these photos are courtesy of Portrait Innovations, the poor quality is courtesy of my scanner
*note again... I really do have extra pictures. They may not necessarily be his 6 month pictures, but if you'd like one email, call me or leave a comment here. If I know you in real life, and you're not a Creepy McCreeperson I will send you a picture. =)


Love, love, love Portrait Innivations. And I lurve the pictures they took of G. I definitely want one -- but only if you'll take one or two of Graham, because, like you, I am running out of storage space for the :-)
ReplyDeleteAnd woah, I had NO IDEA our kids were graduating in 2027. That seems like forever away, but you KNOW it's going to be here sooner than we know or want :-(
Will you send us one or two? I only have the ones I'd stollen off the 'net! :) And his picture from his baptism.
ReplyDeleteHoly cow, he'll graduate in 2027?! That means ours will be 2028! That's just wrong!!!!! :)
Kim .... I can't believe how far away that sounds ;0 !!! I don't want to think of how old I'll be by then ! xxoo Cindy
ReplyDelete