Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Baby Jaws

I've been very lax about giving you good, accurate and timely updates. I apologize (not saying it won't continue to happen, but I am sorry about it).

August has been a milestone month around here. The first weekend in August we went over to Lake Charles to visit Uncle Chuck, Aunt Kristen and the Magster. Until that Saturday we had only managed to sit up briefly, and more in a roly poly fashion than real sitting up. See exhibit A

Exhibit A.....

On Saturday, August 1st, we were hanging out and trying to decide what to do for the day when we looked down and saw something similar to this.....

Exhibit B
(please note.. this picture was staged and CLEARLY not fun for all parties involved)

The sitting up on his own was sudden, and without notice and we haven't looked back since. We came back home and on Tuesday our little overachiever crawled. I was used to him reaching and stretching and rolling to get to what or where he wanted. Tuesday was actual, real crawling. Not horribly fast, but certainly in a straight line and faster than the rolling and stretching. Tuesday was also the day that we (and by we I mean Grayden) discovered the dog dishes (and by dog dishes I mean what Grayden assumed was his own splash pool right there in the kitchen).

By Sunday (the 9th if you're following along on your calendar) he was pulling himself up on the furniture and inching along. Please reference Exhibit C...
Ready....
Go!
Huh?
Keep your eye on the prize...
Mission accomplished!!

Where to go from there you ask? Well once you've accomplished all of those things you're in line for a promotion to the.......
BIG
BOYBATH!!!!

I know. It's exhausting being a baby big boy. What does a boy do after all of these accomplishments??? Where do you go from here? Until Kindergarten there's nothing new to do, right?? How can you top all of that?!?!?! Oh. Yes. That's right.. you...
GROW A TOOTH!!!!

Yeah. A tooth. Actually you grow teeth. The first one is through, and if you double click on the picture you can enlarge it and see his tooth, and the second one is hiding just under the surface. You know you want a second look...


A TOOTH! Babies don't have teeth. Little boys have teeth. And I, as the Mommy, am having a very difficult time with the tooth/teeth/growing up. On one hand I'm SO SO SO proud of my son. He's hitting his milestones early (you can see charts here and here) and he's just so completely awesome I can't accurately describe it. And on the other hand I'm sad that time seems to be flying by faster than I can remember. I try hard to remember that on the rough days and I come away a little more thankful that I'm able to be a stay at home mom and I get to be here for all of these moments and milestones.

So that, peeps, is our August in a nutshell. I have a few more pictures to blog about, but I've hit all of the major points, the rest will just be icing on the cake. The cake that Grayden theoretically could mash to bits with his brand new tooth. You know, if he had some cake =)

1 comment:

  1. How cute! I love to read your blogs. Your so good at writing. I love you sister! See you in a couple of weeks :)

    ReplyDelete