Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Popeye is a liar and other assorted happenings

I'm pretty sure we've discussed my decision to make most (if not all) of Grayden's food. It was a thought that I had a long time ago, and then forgot about it. I dismissed it as being a pain, and too much work. It's not. It's more of an addiction. I thoroughly enjoy making his food and it makes me feel good that he is a) eating real fruits and veggies (not that Gerber makes fake peas or anything, but you know what I mean) b) can try things that don't necessarily come in a jar (to my knowledge Gerber doesn't make awesome, yummy things like avocado). I will also be able to make my own combinations as he gets a little older and we branch out into things like pasta and meats.

Anyway... I'm getting off track... I went on a baby food making bonanza this weekend. I bought tons of frozen veggies and steamed, pureed and froze until my heart was content. I still have more to do, but we have a decent stash of Grayden Food in our freezer. One of the veggies I made was spinach. Until this weekend G had never had spinach and so far the only thing he hasn't loved is peas. However. Spinach. Eww. It didn't go over well.

This. Is. Gross.
Get it away!!!
I want new parents!
Why?

So that's about how spinach went over. We're going to try it again, but I'll probably mix it in with something else.

Grayden is also starting to sit on his own a littl bit. He's crawling and scooting everywhere like crazy, but doesn't seem interested in sitting up on his own. He likes the view, but only really enjoys sitting up when someone else is doing the work to keep him upright.



Lastly, this weekend Gary and I cleaned out Grayden's closet and packed up everything that was too small. It was very sad. I had been packing up things one by one as I discovered that they didn't fit anymore, and this was the first time that we had packed up things en masse. His wardrobe is significantly smaller, but it's much easier for Gary and I to find things for him to wear.

While we were at it I decided to pull out the Halloween costume that someone had given me long before he was born. I thought it would be good to give it a test run, seeing as how school supplies are in the stores, Halloween costumes are starting to come out, and everything summer is on clearance. I had planned on Grayden being a lion for Halloween, and not having to buy a costume. And that's not going to happen. I could barely get it snapped up, and when I finally did it came unsnapped as soon as he moved. I'm so bummed. So the hunt for a Halloween costume begins.


And just for fun, here's a few pictures of Grayden hanging around the house in his too small bathrobe =)

1 comment: