It's been hot here. HOT. And dry. I saw something on the news today about there not being any real rain here for something like 6 weeks. It's been near or above 100 degrees for close to the same amount of time. We're in an exceptional drought. All this really means is that you will most likely burn your hand on the steering wheel of your car, you will become a hermit and your lawn will look like burnt toast.*
In other news.. Grayden outgrew his bathtub. For nearly 6 months (!!!) I've been bathing him at the sink in his bath tub. The other night we started his bath time routine, I put him in his tub and he started splashing. He was splashing all of the water out of the tub and I had to refill it twice. So we've graduated to the baby bath tub in the big boy bath tub for the time being.
He is also getting dangerously close to crawling. He will get up on his hands and knees, rock back and forth, and face plant right into the floor. If that gets boring, he works on perfecting his Army crawl. He can get across the living room faster than I can move, that's for sure. His favorite toy as of late is the forbidden basket of dog toys in the corner. So, needless to say, we're working on the word "NO" already. =) Grayden has also started on solid foods. So far he's tried peas, green beans, squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, apples and bananas, peach cobbler, bananas, garden veggies and mixed veggies. He's liked everything so far, but peas don't seem to be a favorite. I can't believe our little boy is getting so big!
* Since I started writing this we have received rain. So now our yard looks more like soggy burnt toast. Yay.
Here are some pictures from the past few weeks....
No comments:
Post a Comment