Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Giddy up Cowboy

It was (again, behind on the blogging. I suck.) Rodeo time again. This year though Grayden was able to go. His cousin Maggie, and Uncle Chuck and Auntie Kristen, came over from Lake Charles to go with us. It was a FREEZING, rainy and windy day (I know you're thinking "pansies", but when we got out of the car the temperature was 44. 44!!! In late March!!) but we didn't let that ruin our good time! Gary, Grayden and I were able to go the weekend before with our friends Tim and Andrea and baby Claire, and Tim's brother Ken, to check out the carnival and livestock show. That was where Grayden took his first bus ride.

The concert was Brooks and Dunn, which was great. This is their last year at the Rodeo and I'm so glad we were able to see them. Grayden hung in like a champ for the entire show. The Rodeo portion seemed to take forever this year. There was definitely lots of Passing of the Boy back and forth because he got antsy, but considering that we sat in our seats for about 6 hours, only getting up once to do a diaper change/meltdown avoidance/food run, he did very well.

And although Grayden is the proud owner of TWO cowboy hats (one from Grandad and one from Daddy) I failed to take even one decent picture in either of his hats. We'll have to try to reenact some of those pictures at a later date.
First bus ride. Thus far, unimpressed.
We're going to start training now
Mmmmm fried..... everything!
The most devastating part of my day. I dropped my partially eaten corn dog. TRAGEDY.
Having a stare down with sheep
Sheep indulging Grayden
The only picture I have of this boy in a cowboy hat
 Uncle Kenny teaching everyone where bacon comes from...
Something was terribly exciting
Beef. It's what's for dinner.
Big green tractor
Maggie's first bus ride was on a Cowtown bus.. go figure!
I think he was wondering why it was so damn cold.
He was having a good time!
Maggie was cheering for the cows
Go cows, go!!
He was waving at Brooks and Dunn. It was so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment