Well it's official. Summer for the Sommer's has begun. We went up to Arlington for the weekend to see the Tigers vs Rangers games and although the Tigers only won one of the games we saw, we still had a blast. Grayden was a champ, considering that he napped for about an hour total all weekend long.
We started off the weekend with a bang.. or rather the sound of shattering glass. Gary had a lunch meeting on Friday afternoon and while he was in the restaurant someone broke into his car. They stole his work bag that contained his laptop, scads of work papers and some of our personal and banking information. So while Gary sat in the parking lot waiting for the police, I sat at the bank closing our old accounts and opening new ones. (huge shout out to Ashley at Bank of America for making the switch as painless as humanly possible!). We finally got on the road two hours late, but thankfully we had an uneventful trip. Our reward for our drama filled morning and arriving to the game late was an excellent parking spot across from the stadium and super cheap tickets.
the way grayden rolls... he loves a good road trip
the creepy statue of sam houston
ahhhhhh 7-eleven
what happens when daddy doesn't stop at 7-eleven for mommy
ready to head to our first ballgame of the season
rangers ballpark
cowboys stadium
let's go tigers!!
justin and ashley
rally cap time!
Saturday was another night game, so after breakfast we headed to the Fort Worth Stockyards. It was such a cool experience. If you're ever in Fort Worth and have a chance I highly recommend that you visit. I also recommend taking the walking tour if you have the opportunity. While I zoned out on most of what our tour guide was talking about, I did get to take lots of cool pictures and I did learn some neat facts when I was actually listening. The tour was about an hour long and well worth the $6 per person. i have decided that i'm going to buy a longhorn, tie it to a fence and rip parents off. this guy made $5 a kid for them to sit on this poor longhorn's back
somebody thinks he's a badass
cattle drive
a longhorn that's rethinking his life choices
only in Texas
100 year old turn styles were clearly not made for modern day strollers
(no grayden's were harmed in the making of this picture)
fried pickles. are. delicious.
such a goofball
After breakfast on Sunday we had a chance to just relax in our hotel room, something that we didn't have the chance to do all weekend. We met Justin's friend Ashley and her sister Kim again, and had lunch. After lunch we headed over to the Ballpark to walk around a bit. I must say that the Rangers have a gorgeous, family friendly park. Instead of sitting in our seats we decided to hang out by the Tigers bullpen. The highlight of the day, and possibly the weekend, was when Tigers pitcher Joel Zumaya threw a ball up to Grayden. He had been standing by the edge of the bullpen with Justin waving at the pitchers. Joel (we're totally on a first name basis now) grabbed a ball and threw it up for Grayden. It was a really cool moment that he will no doubt not remember at all. But he'll have the awesome pictures I took as a reminder... oh wait. No. No he won't. Because I was so star struck and too busy staring at the hotness that is Joel Zumaya that I only took two, super crappy, pictures of the whole thing. So sorry G. All you're going to have to remember this by is Mommy's blog. And a super cool, scuffed up baseball.
grayden's first cab ride
coolest lights ever
i love the chic-fil-a cows
going on adventures
he finally fell asleep!
the best picture i got of grayden and his ball from zumaya
downtown dallas
After the game we headed home. We (Justin and I) insisted that Gary stop at 7-Eleven for one last Slurpee before we were back in 7-Elevenless Houston (which I find appalling by the way, who do I call about that??). Much to our disgust and disappointment the only working Slurpee machine was orange flavored. I nearly collapsed sobbing right there on the floor. So I filled my ridiculous $8 cup with coke and sulked out of the store. Gary has threatened bodily injury if I don't take that mug with me on our trip up to Michigan in a few weeks. I need to get my money's worth he says. Fear not dear husband. I will. I so will.coolest lights ever
i love the chic-fil-a cows
going on adventures
he finally fell asleep!
the best picture i got of grayden and his ball from zumaya
downtown dallas
not amused the slurpee machines were broken
so exhausted
buc-ees!
justin and his beaver nuggets
All in all we had an excellent, much needed, fun family weekend. We're making plans to go back up to the Fort Worth/Arlington area for a trip to Six Flags over Texas and Hurricane Harbor. It should be a lot of fun. Gary and I have vowed to not waste another summer (hard to believe that this is our third summer here in Houston) and get out and explore the state.
No comments:
Post a Comment