THEY CAME BACK!!
Gary, Grayden and Justin made it home safe and sound. They got in about 530 last night. The best thing I've ever looked at was my husband and my son walking through the door, from what seemed like a 8 week separation.
Grayden looks like he doubled in size. He's huge. He's heavy, but doesn't look any chubbier. His hair is longer, I'm sure he's taller and he just seems a little more grown up. A few steps closer to being a big boy, and definitely not the smushy baby that used to live here.
One thing is for sure though, boy is his usual routine 900 ways of jacked up. Despite sleeping in the car for nearly 24 hours, by 7pm last night Grayden was rubbing his eyes and ready for bed. I gave him a bath, which he usually loves, but instead cried through most of last night. He drank a bottle, nibbled on pizza and I put him to bed shortly after 8. And by 930 he was crying.
Normally when he would wake up like that we would let him cry it out a little and within 10 or 15 minutes he was back asleep. Last night I went in right away because I knew he'd had a rough few days. When I picked him up, he snuggled on me and fell back asleep. He NEVER does that. And I'm pretty sure I melted into the floor at that moment. So I brought him back to bed with me. For the last six months or so I've tried numerous times to take a nap with Grayden, or have him snuggle with me in bed. He's never wanted any part of that. He is far to busy for such boring things like snuggling with his Mommy. But last night was different. As soon as I put him in bed and laid down he snuggled up to me and fell back asleep. Seriously, I know! I wanted to die of happiness.
So for the next 6 hours I had the worst sleep ever, snuggled next to my NINE month old. It was weird. I realized that he turned nine months old yesterday. And then I remembered the day he was born, and more specifically the night he was born. That night I laid in my ridiculously uncomfortable hospital bed, staring at my newborn, in complete and total shock that I was a mom, he was my son and that the past nine months had led to that moment. Last night I did the exact same thing.
By 3 am he was wide awake, climbing over Gary and I, and tossing his stuffed animal around. So that was the end of snuggles and I put him back into his bed. I'm not holding my breath that a moment like that will ever happen again. Pretty soon he'll be back to his normal, busy self with no time for things like snuggles. But I'll always have that best night.
no. 7: solo sam buys a car
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment