Yeah. That didn't go as planned. I went outside to see A LOT of fur in the garbage can and floating around the yard. Harwell looked hot, but not really a whole lot different. The fur on his back was a little shorter, but other than that he looked the same. The "clippers" were CLEARLY not worth their money and kept falling apart. It was a disaster.
We made the executive decision to take Harwell in and get a "professional" trim (I use professional in the loosest way possible...). Against my better judgment I called Petsmart and made an appointment for bright and early Saturday morning.
Now, I have issues with our Petsmart. We've used them for grooming before, and I wasn't happy that time either, but that had more to do with the fact that they were (are) complete morons. I had made an appointment (I was 9 months pregnant and not exactly jovial) for X time. I showed up for my scheduled appointment and they had to "check to see if someone could stay late to bathe my dogs". Yeah. Not good. It went downhill from there, but I'll spare you.
At any rate, Gary dropped Harwell offf at 7 am and was told to pick him up at 1230. So he did. I got a phonecall from Gary on his way home describing how he didn't even recognize our dog. I thought he was being dramatic. I'm usually.. ok always.. the dramatic one, but I thought maybe he was playing a joke on me. Let me tell you friends, he was not. He was so.not.joking.
Before
After


Yeah. That's the same dog. I know. Makes me want to cry too. Who knew he had eyes?!?! He acts so different. I was really concerned about him for the first day or two. But he's mostly back to normal now so I guess it was just the shock of suddenly being naked in public. Poor guy.
Needless to say we will NEVER be going back to Petsmart. Ever.
But in some good Harwell news... he's a rockstar!! I went back on the website of the breeder we got him from to see some pictures of his littermates and saw a few pictures of him! Slugger even made it on the website! If you've got some time you can see some of the other Goldendoodles this breeder has had.... they are WAY cute, so be prepared!
See Harwell here!
Needless to say we will NEVER be going back to Petsmart. Ever.
But in some good Harwell news... he's a rockstar!! I went back on the website of the breeder we got him from to see some pictures of his littermates and saw a few pictures of him! Slugger even made it on the website! If you've got some time you can see some of the other Goldendoodles this breeder has had.... they are WAY cute, so be prepared!
See Harwell here!
No comments:
Post a Comment