Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Yesterday was rough

See?? I do not lie people....

Nothing bad happened. It was just one of those days. Fussy baby, crabby mom, lots to do and little time to do it all. Plus it's hard to fold laundry with one arm when you're holding a baby in the other. Throw in a couple of dogs that, for whatever reason, needed extra attention yesterday. Anyway, put all of those things together and you get one crazed, stressed out, crabby Momma.

Harwell decided to work on his tunnel to Mexico (he's a digger and I truly believe he's trying to get somewhere from our backyard. I can only assume he's going to Mexico). It rained yesterday and the night before, leaving the ground in perfect digging conditions. Unfortunately for me I didn't notice that my yellowish dog was half black before I let him in the house and as a result we have a very distinct trail of where Harwell went when he came in the house.

So what do you do with 65lbs of dog covered in mud once he's in your house? You put him in a garden jacuzzi tub of course! Because that sounds easy and logical and like a good thing to do. What I didn't think through was a) how the dog was going to get into the tub and b) what my bathroom would look like when I was done. It wasn't pretty. Everyone and everything was wet, covered in mud, and half of the parties involved were angry. The other half was having a good time. Until.....

I hit the button that turns on the jets. Dogs do not like jacuzzi baths. I think he thought Jaws was in the bathtub with him. It was not good.

But Harwell is clean now, my bathroom is getting there, my carpet will never be and we made it through yesterday. And I didn't even start drinking! =)


This was Harwell after his first bath... awww how cute....

This was Harwell yesterday....

This was after his run in with the jacuzzi jets (look at the water! I had already rinsed him twice!)

And this was the aftermath in my bathtub. =(

No comments:

Post a Comment