Hard to believe that it's that time again. Grayden had his 18 month check up on July 20th. It went remarkably well. I had questions about his speech development, that pretty much resolved themselves the moment the question came out of my mouth. I was worried that Grayden wasn't saying enough words. So as soon as I asked the doctor he proceeded to spout out about 15 words (that's an exaggeration, but it was more than I'd heard him say) and the doctor looked at me like I was crazy and said to call him in a month or two if I still felt that he was behind. I won't be calling. He's started talking pretty much non-stop, unless he's on the phone or Skyping with a grandma.
He got one shot, didn't cry at all, and we were on our merry way. My only unanswered question is who allowed him to grow up and be 18 months old. Seriously!?!?! I have no idea where the time has gone. It makes me so terribly sad and ridiculously full of pride all at the same time. I have loved every second of watching my squishy baby boy grow into a smart, independent, opinionated, inquisitive bundle of energy. He loves his doggies, he loves to eat and he loves his mommy and daddy. Recently he started yelling for me when we're out somewhere and he can't see me. Or sometimes if he can see me, and I'm not standing right next to him. And occasionally when I'm standing right there and he thinks he's being funny. He screams "MA." "MA!" "MAAAAAA!", (like Will Ferrell in Wedding Crashers) until I either wave, answer or somehow acknowledge that I'm paying attention to him. He usually laughs and waves. He's such a goofball.
I've started shopping around for a pre-school program for him. So far the one I like the best won't enroll him until he's 2 1/2, which would mean next fall. I'm really hoping I can find something for this fall though. I have a few more places to look though, so who knows what I'll find. If I can't find a pre-school program I have a long list of activities to keep us busy through next summer, so I'm not too worried about it.
His next check up will be January 20th, 2011. His two year old check up. Yikes!
7~20~10
Age: 18 months
Weight: 29 lbs (90%)
Length: 33 5/8 inches (90%)
Clothing size: Anywhere from a 2T (mostly shorts) to a 3T or 4T. He has short legs like his mom, and a long torso that usually requires a 3T or 4T shirt to cover his belly. Oy. This boy.
Eating: Still everything. Corn on the cob is a favorite. So is any kind of fruit, most veggies (cooked or raw), fries, pork chops, oatmeal, waffles or pancakes, rice pilaf, and macaroni and cheese. He is terribly independent and LOVES to eat with utensils. He really doesn't like to eat unless he has some sort of utensil in his hand. He's taken a liking to eating cereal with milk for breakfast, like a big kid and will throw his hands up and as for "mowr" when he's done.
no. 7: solo sam buys a car
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment