It's been a long time since I've updated my blog. I have no idea where the last month has gone.
Here's a quick, photoless recap of the last few weeks. Grayden turned one (duh) and I'm still in a bit of denial about it. Everyday he learns something new, says something that I've never heard or looks more and more like a little boy. Grandma Connie came to visit for a few weeks, and although Grayden was a little leery at first, he warmed up and had a great time visiting with his Grandma.
We scheduled his birthday party for January 30th. The weekend and first part of the week before his party, Grayden started running a fever. He was eating normally, and acting a little clingy, but otherwise normal, so I didn't think much of it. By Thursday he was a little wheezy. Gary and I decided on Friday morning not to take the chance of spreading cooties and canceled the party. Saturday morning when we woke up Grayden sounded like a seal. He had croup. I felt awful for him, but I was so glad we made the decision to cancel the party. We rescheduled for February 6th, and the weather was PERFECT. The original party date was cold and cloudy and rainy. The actual party day was sunny and the perfect temperature. We actually ended up staying outside most of the day. Gotta love Southeast Texas in February.
I'll post pictures from the last few weeks in the coming days. I just wanted to give everyone a quick recap of what's been going on with us and let you all know that we're doing ok. Stay tuned for the pictures and more updates on everything we've been up to lately!
no. 7: solo sam buys a car
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment