Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Houston, we are two months old today!

So my teeny little pile of mushy, delicious baby is two months old today. And very quickly growing out of a pile of mushy, delicious baby and into a screaming mound of baby. And from what I understand that morphs into a huge bundle of even louder, yelling toddler. Scary.

I can't believe it's been two months since our lives were turned upside down in the best, most amazing way possible.

In my travels through some of the various blogs I read I came across this article about being the mother of boys. Now here comes my shameful confession... I never wanted to be the mother of boys. Somewhere in my mind I thought girls were easier, more fun, had way cuter clothes and were just generally better. I always imagined myself with girls in pink dresses and bows and frilly socks. Boys are loud and messy and create havoc and destruction wherever they go.

Now here is my not so shameful confession... from the day I found out I was pregnant I knew I was having a boy and I couldn't have been more excited. I bought boy bedding before my first trimester was over, and our very first baby purchase at all was a blue and brown ultrasound photo frame. I just knew. It was confirmed at our 20 week ultrasound and now I have my sweet little Grayden. I've never once wished for a girl or wondered what it would be like to have a little girl.

Of course, the most important outcome of a pregnancy is a healthy baby, regardless of the sex. But I'm so glad that I'm the mommy of a boy. One day hopefully Gary and I will have a little girl so I can buy the pink bows and frilly dresses, but if that doesn't happen it's ok. I'll be proud to be the mommy of loud, messy little boys.

Who could resist this face anyway??

No comments:

Post a Comment