It's Rodeo time! Every year around this time the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo comes into town. There are lots of events and each night there are Rodeo events as well as a concert. Gary and I went to see Rascal Flatts last year by ourselves, and this year with Justin and Stephanie here we went to see them again. The concert was good, the Rodeo was fun to watch and the people watching was even better.
Last year Gary and I were new to town and didn't know what to expect. I think we kind of stuck out a little bit. This year we were more prepared....

This was our first night out without Grayden. It was weird not to carry the car seat around, and not have to worry about changing a diaper or how long it has been since he last ate. A huge thank you to my friend Rachel for babysitting and making our first night out alone stress-free!
So now here are some pictures of our Rodeo night....
Now, for those of you that know Gary.. who would have guessed that you would EVER see him wearing a cowboy hat? For an entire evening? On his own free will? =) I think he looks good in a cowboy hat.

Ok, now how about Justin?? =)





This was the calf scramble. The kids had to catch a calf and get a halter around it's face. It was hysterical..
The calves...

The kids....

And the scramble...

They held on to the calves any way they could.. it was funny..

And I've saved the best Rodeo event for last.. Mutton Bustin'... I'm sure most of you have absolutely no idea what mutton bustin is (you're really missing out here). Mutton bustin' is where you take your 4-6 year old child, put him on the back of a sheep, tell him (or her) to hang on and let the sheep go. It's hysterical.

(yeah that's a kid hanging on the neck of that sheep..)

So here's the little boy that didn't win Mutton Bustin'...

And this is the little girl that won...

Nice huh? I believe we should look for this little girl on The Bachelor or some other reality show someday. =)
This girl thought she was auditioning for American Idol, complete with not knowing the words and everything...

And she brought her mom with her...

So anyway.. here is Justin and Stephanie at the Rodeo

Here's Gary and Justin in their cowboy getup..

(continue reading when you're done laughing... I'll wait..) =)
And so here we all are at the end of a fun night out....

THE END.....
No comments:
Post a Comment