Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Joy

Sometimes I feel like I'm overly negative about my life. Sure, we (Gary and I) have fights and struggles and disagreements. Life, and marriage, and parenthood is ugly sometimes. But really, when I sit back and look at my life, and marriage, and parenthood...I've got it pretty good. I have a lot to be thankful for, even if it's not glaring and obvious all the time.

Last year I did a 40 Days of Joy challenge. It was planned very carefully for a big, fat joyful announcement on Day 40. I don't have any big, joyful announcements to count down to, or even a set number of days to be joyful for. I'm trying to find the little things that make my life happy and content and mine.  So here are my undetermined number of days of joy....

Today, but not so much yesterday, if I'm being honest =) my joy is this:


Truth be told, I'm probably a little lot difficult to live with. I'm stubborn and opinionated. I have a temper and I rarely like to admit when I'm wrong. But Gary loves me anyway. He puts up with me and has gotten pretty good at knowing when to push my buttons and when to back off. He does a whole lot for me to make my life easier (he does plenty to make my life harder too, but this is a joyful post =) ) and he works hard to provide a good life for all of us.

And if we're still being truthful, there isn't much of anything I wouldn't do for him. He's my best friend and biggest cheerleader and I know that at the end of the day, no matter how bad the day sucked, that there's always tomorrow and we'll get through it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment