Baby Day is officially scheduled! At my ultrasound and check up yesterday we discovered that Bennett had in fact turned... the wrong way. He's breech now, with his head resting (not so comfortably) on my lungs. It's very unlikely at this point that he would turn, so my doctor feels it would be best to schedule an external version/c-section/induction.
So next Wednesday, I'll go to the hospital. First up we'll try to turn him. If he turns (ideal) they'll let us rest for a bit and then start an induction. At that point Bennett will very likely make is appearance sometime on Thursday. If he doesn't turn (very not ideal) or shows any signs of distress, or there are any complications from the version, I will have a c-section immediately and we'll have a baby on Wednesday afternoon/evening.
I'm really nervous. I'm really hoping that this kid will turn and we can avoid a c-section. Obviously, most important is that he comes out safely, but I would really like to not have major surgery if it's possible. I'm a wimp like that.
I will likely be in the hospital through the weekend, or at least most of the weekend. I'm also not looking forward to that. I'm going to miss Grayden terribly. But I'm really excited to introduce him to his little brother. I'm excited to meet Bennett myself, but I think I'm most looking forward to my boys meeting for the first time.
So that's the plan so far. Of course I could go into labor before Wednesday and then I have no idea what would happen. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we stick to the plan!
no. 7: solo sam buys a car
12 years ago
We all can't wait to meet Bennett. Everything will go just fine. Love you and all your boys!
ReplyDelete