Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, October 16, 2010

40 Days of Joy and a pictureless update

I can't believe October is half over already! We've been enjoying some incredibly awesome fall-ish weather around here. Lows have been in the 50's and 60's (even some 40's) and highs have been in the low to mid 80's. It's been sunny for weeks. Gorgeous, gorgeous weather that I could surely get used to. I'd love it even more if it were 10 degrees cooler during the day, but I'm not going to be picky and be thankful for what we've been given.

Things are going well here. Grayden is doing amazingly well in school. The past three school days have been tear free drop-offs, which I thought would never come, and also what I've been hoping for all along. We're really lucky that Grayden has such wonderful teachers. You can tell how much they love what they do each and every day, even when they're surrounded by 12 screaming 1 and 2 year olds. The projects he comes home with are adorable. I've been sending them off to far away family members because honestly, there are too many for me to keep here.

I don't have any new pictures from October. We haven't really gone many places and today, while we were out at a fall festival and I had actually remembered the camera, I realized that I did not, however, remember the memory card. So, no pictures. We had a lot of fun though. It was put on by a church and was totally free. They had a ton of games and crafts for the kids and Grayden came home with a nice little treat bag.

I think next week Uncle Chuck, Aunt Kristen and Maggie are going to come over to celebrate a birthday that I'm not allowed to talk about because someone doesn't like his or her birthday (hint: my birthday is in December and Grayden was born in January). We'll probably carve some pumpkins, and I'm hoping to try on Grayden's Halloween costume and pick up any last minute things. The original plan was for a garden gnome costume, but I had a hard time finding suspenders, so he's going to be a golfer now. John Daly style* =)

* I do not know anything about golf. I know there is a guy that wears some crazy pants, but I actually obtained his actual name via my husband. I do not play a golf expert, even on the internet.

So. I think I had a point somewhere..... OH! Yes! 40 Days of Joy. A few of my friends have started a challenge, to post at least one thing everyday that you are joyful for. Most everyone uses Facebook to post their daily joys, but since I have a blog and can harass here AND on Facebook, I'm going to be joyful on my blog. You're welcome Internet. Who isn't excited about 40 consecutive blog posts from me????

I think that about sums it up. Beautiful weather, awesome school, days go by too fast and 40 Days of Joy starting tomorrow. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment